This week we continued to discuss inclusion in the classroom. We talked about barriers and that classroom environments can be planned to fit the needs of all students. We talked about getting rid of the mindset that students who need help need to be “fixed”. We need to ensure that the learning environment they are in suits their needs and will allow them to learn to the best of their ability. As a teacher I will make sure I create a classroom environment where every one of my students can thrive. I will ask for help from the administration, EA’s, and other teachers and I will ensure I read each IEP thoroughly. I will also ask the parents what their child needs and how I can create the best learning environment for them.

We also discussed gamification and game-based learning. Gamification is where components of games are added to traditional instruction method and game-based learning is where students learn by using educational games. Games create competition and promote problem solving for students. It promotes teamwork and inclusion and allows students to collaborate with one another. Using games can increase student participation and motivate students to learn. I would like to incorporate games into my classroom because I want my students to find learning fun and I want to make sure all of my students particpate/want to participate in the lesson.